World of Tanks is a PvP (player versus player) and MMO (massively multiplayer online game) developed by Wargaming. The title gives away the game play, but the historical accuracy in the game is amazing. It’s all about the armoured combat vehicles of WW2 and you will see tanks from various countries, such as:
- and the Soviet Union
You will not only see them, you will test them yourself by driving them and operating their heavy guns in the game’s combat sessions. Although World of Tanks is PvP, you will belong to a squad of tanks or other armoured combat vehicles and you will need to work as a team in other to have any advantage in the vicious tank battles.
As of December 2013, the game has 75 million registered players worldwide and a 1.1 million peak concurrent players!
World of Tanks is so much fun that it’s been spun off to several variations including:
- the Xbox 360 named: World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition,
- there is also a PlayStation 4 version,
- Mobile users have World of Tanks Blitz,
- a board game titled World of Tanks Rush,
- a collectable card game titled World of Tanks: Generals.