If you like horror movies (and who doesn’t), Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer online game that should give you more chills and thrills than the average hollywood horror flick. Dead by Daylight is a horror game where one player assumes the role of a savage killer as scary as the creepy Jason, Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, and the Jigsaw Killer. The game also includes unlockable and downloadable (DLC) characters from the Halloween, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Saw.
The survivors (or victims), in this game have the advantage of better situational awareness, whereas the killer is mostly focused on their prey. Of course, the survivor’s goal is to escape the ‘killing ground’ without getting caught by the killer. Each time you play the environment changes so it’s not going to be easy.
Dead by Daylight is developed by Behaviour Interactive.
Dead by Daylight was released:
- For the Microsoft Windows operating system in June 2016,
- For the PlayStation 4 in June 2017,
- For the Xbox One in June 2017,
- and is scheduled for release on the Nintendo Switch in Fall 2019.
CAUTION: The developers describe the content like this:
“This Game may contain content not appropriate for all ages, or may not be
appropriate for viewing at work: Frequent Violence or Gore, General Mature Content”
Digital games, video games, and especially online games have become so popular that the number of PC gamers in China is more than the total population of the US and that does not include Chinese mobile gamers. It’s astonishing! This popularity is great for the economy, in that, the game developers are thriving as are the game publishers. Plus there are many small businesses that cater to the big boys. But what is gaming doing to the gamers?
Recent studies are showing that online gaming is actually good for the gamers for these five main reasons:
- Online Gaming Improves Memory: Online games require strong memory skills, so as a person plays more, they tend to further develop their memory and retention.
- Online Gaming Builds Concentration: You just can’t win online games if you are easily distracted. The games force a person to pay attention and concentrate on the task at hand.
- Many Online Games Enhance Life Knowledge: Playing some quizzes and puzzles can help with vocabulary, math, current events, sporting facts, and even history.
- Online Gaming Improves Competence: No one enjoys losing all the time, therefore, everyone playing online games tries to win as much as possible and since most games have skill-levels, a player can build their confidence and competence as they move along.
- Online Gaming Coordination: Even the first arcade games required hand and eye coordination to shoot down those aliens. Todays games are more complex such as flying a helicopter around mountains and rivers.